This new residential camp is the result of a collaboration between a research university and three nonprofit organizations. The New Hampshire Innovation and Creativity Connection, FIRST®, Destination Imagination®, and the University of New Hampshire have combined their decades of experience fostering problem solving and innovation to build an adventure that is designed to bolster the self-confidence, lift the spirit, and engage the minds of young women.
Audience: 8th to 10th grade females
Capacity: 30 campers at each session
Summer 2020 Sessions:
- We have decided not to hold a camp session in the summer of 2020, because of the need to maintain social distancing during the coronavirus pandemic.
This integrative camp addresses a real-world problem and the innovation steps required to take a concept and make it a reality. To inspire the next generation of female leaders, the camp focuses on critical life skills like research, teamwork, consensus building and prototyping to create a microcosm of how businesses are run today. Through a blend of teen activism and service learning, campers gain tools they need to affect change and harness the power of innovation:
- Help prepare young women for future careers in STEM by tackling real world problems and gaining practical experience in critical work and life skills such as collaboration, creative thinking, and innovation.
- Build lifelong friendships in an atmosphere designed to help young women succeed.
- Help campers to harness their own power to effect change in an unforgettable summer week of overnight camp filled with exciting challenges and quick thinking.
- Get a glimpse of the many career pathways that lie ahead as they try their hand at real-world problem solving, robotics and engineering with a support network of mentors and teammates.
Financial assistance is available. If you would like to find out more about this, or have other questions about the camp, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download our Girls Engineering the Future 2020 flyer
Joint Project of NHICC and
With Support from Our Sponsors
New Sponsors for 2020